Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We're Making Progress

Our Little Mummy Tummy Time So for the past couple of days I have been just laying Emma down in her crib and letting her cry herself to sleep. The first couple of times were torture for both of us but now she is doing so well. We had gotten ourselves into the habit of having to rock her to sleep. Before I had her I told myself that I was going to allow my babies to cry a little bit and learn how to soothe themselves, and not only rely on me holding them all of the time. Yeah, so much for that. We definitely have gotten ourselves into the habit of picking her up and holding her at the slightest peep. I feel so blessed that she is making this transition so well. It is a blessing for both of us because I think she is getting more sleep since being on a better schedule and I also get to spend more quality time with her as well. Hopefully this trend will continue. Also, Mike has an interview with Dryers ice cream tonight. He has had a few interviews so far, but everyone has needed him before December, which is when he graduates. So, hopefully this interview will go well, because California is a lot closer to home and it would be a good job opportunity for Mike as well. It will just be nice to know where we are going to be so that we can start making plans. Whether he gets this job or not we know that the Lord will bless us in time, we just have to be patient and faithful, but things are definitely going well with the Sharp family.

5 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Wow Dryers, that just sounds yummy:). We would be fans of you living closer too. I love the tummy time picture of miss Emma, you can really tell that she has gained weight! Way to go!!!

Marnie said...

I am so glad that things with Emma are going well. Hurray!

Good luck on the job interview Mike! Make sure to keep us updated on how it goes!

Mandos said...

Emma sure is cute I love the video's! Keep them coming!

Good luck Mike!!!

Monica said...

How fun! Emma has already grown since last time we saw her. So Cute! I hope all goes well with the job search. Hopefully this is the one. I know how hard it is to be in limbo.

Greg and Rachelle said...

Amy,
So fun to see your cute family! Your little Emma is a doll! Thanks for keeping in touch!

Rachelle