Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Winds of Change



So this is an update to my previous post stating that Mike had an interview with Dreyers. A couple of weeks ago Mike had a 2nd interview with Dreyers ice cream which is owned by the Nestle company. This second interview was with the person who would be Mike's potential boss. She told him that he was their first choice for the position, but that they needed someone as soon as possible. After talking with his Professor Mike realized that he would be able to finish his research by the end of September and would be available to start work the beginning of October. Along with working he would also be finishing up his Thesis and would have to come back to Ohio to "defend". The lady from Dreyers thought this plan might work out for them as well and so this Tuesday Mike is flying out to Bakersfield, California in order to have an on site interview with the team he would be working with as well as all the head honchos. It has been a crazy past couple of weeks with the prospect of getting ready to possibly move in a month. AAAAAHHHH California is definitely a lot closer to home than Ohio, but I will sure miss how beautiful it is out here. We have really enjoyed living in Columbus. So now we just have to wait and see if Mike gets an offer. I hope it will be sooner than later if I need to pack and prepare. There are a lot of decisions for us to make right now regarding whether or not to take this job if offered, whether or not to buy a house or continue to rent, etc. We feel fortunate to have this opportunity, and hope that things will work out. Oh, boy please keep us in your prayers. Thanks

8 comments:

Team Schiele said...

Closer to home would be great! Sooner rather than latter would be fabulous!

Marnie said...

Good luck next week Mike! We will be praying for you guys.

Heidi Green said...

What a fun and exciting (yet stressful, I'm sure) time for you guys. Good luck with all your decisions.

Mom in Orem said...

You are in the hands of the Lord and you will be guided, blessed and helped! Don't worry! "Be of good cheer for I will lead you along." I am so excited for these opportunities you are being given!

Heidi Green said...

I just read your comments on my last "post." I thought I would do a post tonight and was just fiddling around when I unknowingly published that title. Funny. I wonder how many other people are wondering what I was doing. :-)

Monica said...

Oh this is good news. Especially that Mike can finish earlier. It does sound stressful. I understand how it feels to not know what to expect or plan for, and how frustrating that can be. But you will know soon enough. Just put it in the Lords hands and trust in him. I will be praying for you.

Mandos said...

How exciting and scary at the same time! Good luck!!!

tkfonzie said...

We know that whatever you choose will be great! Good luck to Mike on his flight and good luck to Miss Amy in keeping sane:).