Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Saturday, August 8, 2009

YES!!!!


So I had to share this funny story. Mike is a volunteer for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program and the other day he took his "little brother" Mike, we call him little Mike to differenciate, to the zoo. On previous outings I have made the boys sandwiches and "little Mike" comments every time on what great sandwiches I make. It's funny because he tends to think of Mike as more of a friend than a mentor and so sometimes he refers to me as Mike's mom. "Wow, your mom makes the BEST sandwiches." Little Mike is a lot of fun and he gets really excited about everything. He also tends to exaggerate a little bit and so that's why I got a big kick out of this story. Anyway, so they went to the zoo and again I made them sandwiches. This is how Mike explained "little Mikes" response to the sandwich. "Mayo, YES! Ham, YES! Extra ham, Yes! Cheese, YES! Lettuce, YES!" as he bites into it, "Pickles, YESSS!!!" I am proud to say that my sandwich was a big success yet again. Yah, it pretty much made my day! YES!!!

7 comments:

Team Schiele said...

Thanks for being such a great "mom" to Mike, we love you all. And thanks to Mike for being such a great little brother as well as a big brother.

Marnie said...

You can come make me a sandwich any time!

ScoundrelLV said...

It's all about the food. (At least in this house.) You are such a great "mom" to Mike and Emma. And I totally understand about all of the worries for Emma.

Ashley said...

Mike's Mom? Really? hahahah. Oh that's too funny! And now I'm craving a sandwich for lunch please! ;).

tkfonzie said...

How Cute! It is great that Mike takes the time to mentor 'little Mike' it will make a huge difference to his life I am sure:).

Jackie said...

That is such a funny story. Can you make me one of those sandwiches "mom"? "Yes!!!!"

Monica said...

I'm so glad you can make a great sandwich. He sounds like a good kid.