Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crazy projects

Ok so I am going to be going crazy on my posts right now since I have 3 months to catch up on.  Truthfully one of the main reasons I stopped posting for awhile is because all of the things that were consuming my life were things I couldn't tall about.  I tend to get very ocd when I start a project and I like everything to be perfect.  Well a couple years back now I asked my mom to tell me some stories from her life that I had not heard about and that I could help her compile it to give as a gift for her kids.  Well it was so enjoyable talking with her each day and hearing these great stories from her childhood.  Well we took a break for a year and then started up full swing in October. My sister Heidi was the only one in on it because I needed someone to help me with editing details.  What a project it became.  We spent a full day in Utah trying to get it set up in a picture book format in order to get this wonderful price, only to not be able to finish it. I'm sure we will look back and laugh but at the time I don't think any of us were having too much fun   :-)  I ended up taking the information home and frantically searched for programs that would be the best quality for my moms budget.  Wow, that was a process in itself.  I halfway redid it in shutterfly to only find out the deal wasn't going to work.  So, with A LOT of patience from my family, who were so neglected, I finally found a better programming site and set to work formatting the book again.  There are a lot of other boring details, can you tell I'm a little obsessive, but it ended turning out alright.  I want sure where to cut the information off at and in the end took excerpts from my moms journal.  It was fun to read some of the things she said.  My mom was pretty patient as she was not up to date on her journal.  I had her tell me, from the best of her memory, some of the things from her kids later lives.  I hope none of my siblings were upset if she forgot things, she was in a time crunch.  Anyway, I sure love my mom and am grateful she was willing to share her life with us.  Wonderful woman, and turning 70 this week.  I'll tell you that threw me when I realized it.  For some reason I figured my parents would never get old, but time just keeps ticking on.  As I have lost my last grandparents the past few months it makes me grateful for the time spent with them and makes me wish I lived a little closer so I could spend these next years making more memories.  I just have to be grateful we are as close as we are, and can visit even the little that we do.  So grateful for my family, immediate and extended, and both sides.  We are blessed.

3 comments:

tkfonzie said...

It was a huge undertaking and i for one super appreciate all of the time and effort that you all put in. Thank your family form me for letting you spoil us with such a wonderful gift!

Heidi Green said...

You did an AMAZING job!!!

Monica said...

Wow! That is neat and a huge task. So did you put together everything and then have it published in book form? What a neat treasure for your family.