Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gone, baby, Gone!

So my hubby has been traveling a lot this past year.  We were lucky enough to get about a month reprieve, but he had to go out to Minnesota again last week and again this week.  What should have taken 3 days has turned into 5.  We can't wait for him to be home again.  Last week while he was gone his work had a family work party.  The families of the employees were able to take a "tour" of the pilot plant and offices, which are usually on "lock down", think Willy wonkas chocolate factory here.  So, I wanted to go and thought it would be fun for the girls to see where daddy works every day, but mike wasn't going to be home yet.  Anyway I decided to go regardless and I'm glad I did.  Everyone was aware that I was coming by myself and they were very helpful.  Emma made a new best friend in Mikes Co worker Mary.  They colored, got t shirts, pizza, and ice cream.  The best part of the night was that daddy came home right after we did.  Its not fun having him gone, but I am reminded of all those whose spouses are gone far more than mine and it makes me grateful for what we have.
Here are some pictures of us staying busy while dads away.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time. And Mike is gone again this week? Sheesh!

Very cute pictures of you and the girls. You look beautiful and I'm loving the Spidey dress. :)

Heidi Green said...

I love the comment about Willy Wonka's factory, lol. I'm so glad you took the girls and had a great time. It's so nice when other's notice you're alone and are extra helpful.

Also, your eyes look so gorgeous in that picture of you!! And I love the Spidey dress too!!