Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, October 13, 2008

Big Fish Story






So for those of you who think we lead a very busy and crazy life, our evening conversations tend to go something like this, "So what you wanna do?" "I don't know, what you wanna do?" "I don't know..." This conversation usually ends with us watching something on t.v. or a movie. This tends to get old, so in order to break the monotony a little bit I decided it was my turn to plan something different to do. Mike is really good at doing this on a regular basis, but I'm just not quite as creative. So on my way home from work I picked up some sandwiches and headed off to pick up Mike from school. He had noooo idea that I had something up my sleeve. He had recently taken his "little brother" fishing, and so the poles and tackle were still in the care. (The "little brother" story is Mikes for another day) So I picked him up and slyly drove to the river to have a picnic and go fishing. We aren't avid fishers but we like to fish now and then, but had yet to catch a single fish the whole time we've been together. Our luck was about to change. I had no sooner cast my line when I got a bite! And boy was it a big fish!!! (The guy in the picture is the one we found to gut it) It was a bass and I am used to trout. Well, after an enormous struggle on my part we finally reeled it in. We were TRIUMPHANT!!!! Well, it wasn't exactly the biggest fish I had ever seen. It was actually only about 4 inches long, but it was a catch none-the-less, and we let it go. Now we know where and when they like to bite so we'll have to go back before it gets too cold. Even if we hadn't caught a fish it was just nice to be out on the beautiful river spending some peaceful time with my sweetie. Well, until our next adventure!

8 comments:

Mandos said...

That fish can't be real! holly cow!

Heidi Green said...

Fun idea for a date... way to go on your catch!

Marques said...

The fish in the picture is about the average size of fish that I catch on a regular basis. :) By the way, do you have to buy licenses to fish in Ohio, or did you just go without one?

Jackie said...

Look at you putting together sandwiches & surprising your husband. Cute. I'm glad that you finally caught something.

tkfonzie said...

I agree with Mandy, you can tell that the fish they guy is "holding" is photoshopped.

Marnie said...

Fun night out. It makes me want to be more creative with our time. Congrats on your catch.

Mom in Orem said...

I didn't even know you fished.

Monica said...

I don't really enjoy fishing. It gets boring to me. Probably because I've never caught anything. Way to go! Al likes to take the boys, and they have fun.