Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

La Michoacana



Most of you know that I (Mike) went on my mission to Detroit speaking Spanish. Since then I'm always craving good authentic Mexican food. Columbus, even according to locals, is pathetically void of good Mexican food. Last night, however, we were able to find a diamond in the rough when we ate at "La Michoacana". It is a small Mexican market in a somewhat dicey area (the best place to find good Mexican food), and in the corner of the store is a quaint little taqueria. I had to teach Amy a couple of Spanish words to get by, because the waitress didn't speak any English, which was another good sign. Compared to other Mexican Restaurants the food and prices were awesome, however compared to some other authentic places, it was about average.
After eating we grocery shopped in the Market. We got killer deals on some meat and produce. All of the products and smells and people, really took me back to my days in Detroit. It was a lot of fun!

5 comments:

Monica said...

Al feels the same way here in Utah. It's hard to find good mexican food. He's taken me to some hole in the wall places here where they only talk spanish. The prices are better, and the food is good. We haven't been to any lately. I think they closed down. I'm lucky though, I have a husband and mother in law that cook good authentic mexican food. Yum, Yum!

Mandos said...

I love Mexican food too. However, if
the Mexican food in Cancun was athentic. I think I like the American version better.
I'm glad you found a good place to go. :)

Marques said...

Going to a sketchy area is the only way to find good Mexican food. It can't be done if you don't worry about being out late at night...oh, the Detroit memories.

tkfonzie said...

There is nothing better than realy good mexican food. Woo Hoo for you!

Team Schiele said...

mmmm.. I think I will make some Chili Verde!