Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!






It is funny how many people have asked Mike and I if we celebrate Halloween. I guess celebrate is a funny term, but Yes we enjoy the festivities of the Halloween holiday.:) For Family Night we got to carve our pumpkins. I remember while growing up I would ask my mom back in September when we could carve our pumpkins. It was my favorite part, besides dressing up and the candy of course. We always had to be patient though and wait until a few days before so our pumpkins "wouldn't go bad."
Last year we bought pumpkins and never got around to carving them so we had to show off the awesome finished products. We had to do the cat in honor of "Gracie Lou Hoo". It was fun and definitely a lot easier when you have a pumpkin carving kit. (I am a big fan) I guess in our county the kids will be going trick or treating on Thursday instead of on Friday. This makes it so the kids won't be out so late since they schedule it on a school night. I guess it makes sense, but seems a little odd to me at the same time. We are going to our friends the Gardner's for a Halloween party. We will be watching "Watcher in the Woods" and for those of you who know me well, you will know that the scariest movie I have ever seen and have previously refused to watch since, is Watcher in the Woods. I know, it's pretty tame, but I HATE!!!! scary movies, so I will hide my head in Mikes arm and enjoy the fun of being together with everyone. I'm sure I'll be fine. It has been nice to have other couples to do stuff with. It's nice since we are so far away from family.

For work last week we had a "Boo Bash" , basically a Halloween party for families. There were games, costumes, candy, etc. For months my co-workers have been asking me what I am dressing up as. Apparently they all take it very seriously and go and buy elaborate costumes. This was my perception anyway. I am pretty lame when it comes to costumes. I usually just find something in my closet and make it work. This year I wore my pajamas, a bathrobe, put my hair in curlers, and put a green mask on my face. I thought it was pretty lame, but since only 1 other person dressed up for the day at school, my costume was a hit. It was really funny to see all of the Dad's and their "double takes" of the crazy teacher in pajamas. "What was she thinking?" Luckily the other teachers finally got in costume by the party. So we have had a fun and eventful fall so far, and although we might not be able to go home for the holidays we are excited for those as well.

So I know this is silly to post a picture of my Prego body, but my sister Jackie wanted a month by month update of my growing belly. Since I always thought is was fun to see her getting HUGE, I guess I an afford her the same pleasure. So here ya go Jack. This is me at 15 weeks.

9 comments:

tkfonzie said...

Your pumpkins are darling! I too am a HUGE fan of the pumpkin carving kits. The plastic cutters might seem lame, but they are so much easier to use than a knife:).
I also loved the 15 week prego picture, it makes it seem real to those of use who don't see you all of the time. You are a beautiful pregnant woman, I was all broken out face and bloat.

Heidi Green said...

Holy cow, you are the king and queen of pumpkin carving!

That movie IS scary... I am in the same boat with you, I hate scary movies!!!

Fun costume idea. This year at a party I was a golfer and Matt was my caddie.

You look so cute pregnant! Thanks for sharing that picture, it is nice to see your changes even though we don't get to see you in person.

Jackie said...

Okay, those pumpkins are darling! So cute!

And thanks for adding how HUGE I was when I was pregnant...and in capital letters even...wow! :)

Thanks for adding that picture. It's so fun to see! I just can't even believe that there is a little Sharp person in there...so fun! YAY!

Mandos said...

I love your Pumpkins!

I totally agree that Watchers in the Woods is the scarreist movie! When I first meet Scott I told him this and he laughed at me and said "Isn't that Disney?" Either way it is STILL scary!

I'm so gald you are seding us prego pics!

Team Schiele said...

Baby Sharps first pic! You are so darling Amy. Happy Halloween.

Mom in Orem said...

Wow those pumpkins a fabulous. Impressive!

Love your belly!! I am so glad that Jackie wants a grow by grow picture update of this pregnancy, because I do too!!!!

Monica said...

I loved the pictures. How fun. Your pumpkins looked great. It's fun to see you pregnant too. Although you are still verry little.

Marnie said...

Sounds like a very fun Halloween. I am with you Amy, I hate scary movies, hope you made it through without too much trouble. I love the pregnant belly pic. It makes us feel a little more involved.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Ohhh you look so cute with your little belly! Can't wait to chat over dinner tonight! See you soon!