Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Introducing... Emma Jeanette Sharp




So she is finally here. We feel so blessed to be at this point in our live. It has been a somewhat crazy road but the Lord has been with us the whole way. We can't even count all the many miracles that have happened along the way. One of the greatest blessings was the whole delivery. We came in to be induced Tuesday evening. They gave me some pills to help things progress a little but held off on the Pitocin for awhile. At 6:00 a.m. my water broke and then the fun began. We had decided to try a birthing technique called Hypnobirthing which would hopefully allow us to have a more comfortable natural birth. Once my water broke my contractions started coming at a steady rate and pretty strong so I asked if we could hold off on the Pitocin just in case my labor had been jump started already. We were prepared for a long haul labor and delivery, but after only 4 hours Emma was born. By 8:00 I was ready to give up and I was going to get an epidural until my doctor informed me that I was fully dialated and this baby was on her way. I could never have imagined that everything would have gone so quickly and smoothly, especially with our first baby, but like I said we truly have been so blessed. We had a great doctor and nursing staff and we just couldn't have asked for better help. So besides being completely sleep deprived mom, dad, and baby are all doing well. She was born at 10:06 on April 1st. She weighed 5lbs 3 oz. and is 18 1/2 inches long. She is so precious and we are loving getting to know her better. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. We love you all.
Last Belly Shot

Just after delivery


Mommy and Emma

Proud Papa

15 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm SO glad things went so smoothly!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! She's darling!!!

Jackie said...

Oh, she is so cute! She doesn't look like she was even early. And you look fantastic 'Mrs. I just gave natural birth and look like a rock star'. I can't wait for even more pictures of that cute little girl. Get some rest. Love you!

Heidi Green said...

Hooray for the internet so we can see a picture so quickly. She is beautiful! You look fantastic too. Wow, first baby with only a four hour labor?! That is fast. We love you and can't wait to see you.

EmWJ said...

Wow! What a story and she is beautiful with a beautiful name and a beautiful mommy!

Melissa said...

i'm so happy for you! i was just wondering about you yesterday and hoping everything went wonderful! lucky you, such a quick labor! congratulations! she is beautiful! i'm so excited for you!

Mandos said...

Look at my niece! She is beautiful!!! Look at her long legs!
I love you both and hope you have a quick recovery Amy! XOXOXO

tkfonzie said...

Hazzah! I am so glad everything went so smoothly. I am even a little jealous of your speedy labor, my shortest was Rachel at 4 1/2 hours and that was with the progesterone inserts and me contracting all day long anyway.
She is lovely, I can't decide who she looks like with her eyes closed. Keep the pictures of Emma coming:).

Unknown said...

How do you not look like crap after delivering a baby! Sheesh...and for some reason I knew you'd name her Emma...because Emma Sharp is cute...I didn't guess the middle name though. Congrats new parents (although I can hardly believe Mike's a dad...no offense...you'll be a wonderful dad...it seems like just yesterday we were hanging out in Logan)! Your baby is adorable. More pictures please!

Miss Heather said...

How come you look so good after having a baby?? WOW! Emma is gorgeous (and it's my little sister's name so I'm partial)!!

You are going to be the BEST parents!!

Team Schiele said...

Yeah for hipno birthing! I am so glad you were able to do it even with being induced. Thank you so much for giving me a beutiful neice! Congrats mommy and daddy! Love you all.

Beth said...

Congrats! She is adorable and you look amazing (I've never looked even remotely that good after labor)! We are so excited for you!

Monica said...

Oh she is so tinny! How fun. I am so greatful for your good delivery. Only 4hrs of labor for your first child and comming early. Good job on the hypno birthing.

Marnie said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. You both look so happy and proud! I can't wait to meet Emma in person - June will not get here soon enough!

Mom in Orem said...

Oh it is to awful to have you sooooo far away. I want to give you both BIG hugs and hold Emma in the worse way.
It is so great to have the internet, at least I can see pictures. All three of you are absolutely beautiful!
Is everybody home now?

piercedad said...

Amy, how good can it get? All the comments are correct. I have worried too much about you. You are a 100% hitter. Now it is back to worrying about Jackie, who doesn't need it. Dad