Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Straight from Harlem


Last night I took little Mike to go see the Harlem Globetrotters. It was a lot of fun, mostly because little Mike was having so much fun. I went to the Globetrotters once before about ten years ago. I think I was a little too old to appreciate it, but little Mike got really in to it, and they do put on a good show. I'm not sure he understood that it was staged and that no matter how much that Washington General's coach tried to cheat the Globetrotters were still going to win. I'd say something like, "Who do you think is going to win?" And he would say, "The Globetrotters", with a little worry on his face. He was cheering and booing and laughing, I think it's the most fun I've seen him have on one of our outings. The tickets we got were amazing, 4th row, and we paid half what they were selling for because of Big Brothers Big Sisters. It was a fun night. When I brought him home to his mom, he was so excited to tell her all about it.
Being back in school is hard, but coming along. I tried to only go to class and do homework this week, I'll wait to get back into research until next week. Amy is doing more than she probably should and being stubborn about it. Besides the lack of sleep though, I think she's feeling well. Right now she's showing off Emma to her visiting teachers.

4 comments:

Monica said...

Sounds like fun Mike! I'm glad you were able to take little mike.

Team Schiele said...

How fun! Sounds like you are back to the busy grind. Hang in there, graduation is coming. One day.

Mom in Orem said...

I thought the Globe Trotters were fun when I saw them at 30. I didn't know you had to be young to get a kick out of them. what a wonderful boon to being in the Big Brother program.

Heidi Green said...

Matt took Bradley to a HG game a few years ago and he was determined that it was "real" too. It sounds like you and Mike had a great time together. Good luck getting back into the swing of things with school.

Amy - take it easy - you've got a good excuse!