Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Big 30 Has Come





So when I married my husband (who is 3 years younger than myself) we never talked a whole lot about our age difference unless Mike started thinking about my 30th birthday which always seemed so weird to him. Well, that big day has finally come sweetie, so sorry, you are officially getting old as well.:) Seriously though, I realize that 30 is not very old, but it does seem like a milestone. Mike had to go to a conference the past couple of days and so we celebrated my birthday over the weekend. We went out to dinner and then Mike made me a cake and we had our neighbors over for cake and ice-cream. Today isn't going to be especially eventful, but I think Emma and I might go out to a movie or something. Mike got me a really nice early birthday present. If any of you have seen my "puzzle picture", well it just wasn't fitting in the frame very well and so we decided to get an actual "picture" to go in the frame. I've kept the puzzle because my mom spent so much time on it and I loved the "Kinkead" picture. So, as I had been looking for a new picture, we happened to come across a painting that was so similar I just had to get it. I never thought that I would have something so nice to replace my "puzzle", so thanks honey for the beautiful gift. Thanks to all who have sent birthday wishes, it has meant so much to me. Any advice for the next decade? This past one has been pretty good and I know there's a lot more adventures to come, so bring it on.:) Puzzle

New Painting

8 comments:

Mandos said...

Happy 30th! I love being in my thirties and I think you will too. Finaly people take me seriously! I'm no longer just a kid! :) But I know what Mikes feeling. I always feel that way on Myndies bithday. It's like I can't possiably have a sister her age. (that out would meant that I'm old too!) Sorry Myndie! You know I love ya! Anyways... Welcome to a new decade!

Jackie said...

A couple of thoughts:

I thought you had a Ballard duck sitting by your cake until I zoomed in & realized it was the spatula. I was wondering when you became such a big fan of wooden ducks.:)

30. Wow. It really isn't that old & then I started thinking back to when we were kids & how old it would have seemed back then. It made me realize how quickly my life is flying by. Has it really been that many years since we played "colored eggs" & "duck duck goose"? Oh-maybe that's why you would have had a duck by your cake. :) (Okay, I'm weird & I know it.)

And finally- I love you. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Welcome to the elite "30-somethings" group! :)

tkfonzie said...

I love Thomas Kinkade, what a sweet and thoughtful hubby you have:). I went to call you to wish you a happy birthday yesrterday and realized I don't have your new phone #. I was embarrassed and tried to get it from mom, but she would never answer her phone. ( I did give you a shout out on Facebook:).
Just wait until you are in your 40's and your kids are dating and driving and could get married and have babies...30 is looking pretty young and carefree ;-). Love ya Aim, Happy Birthday!

Marlo said...

Glad you had a nice 30th Birthday... love the picture, goes great with the frame too!!! Thanks for all your wonderful comments in RS, you are such a wonderful example!! look forward to getting to know you better... hope you can come to the park tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, your painting is lovely.

Monica said...

Happy late birthday!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Heidi Green said...

How is it that I am behind by TWO posts?! I hope you had a good birthday. Did you end up going to the Princess and the Frog? Was it good?