Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

While Daddy's Away

So Mike is gone on a 3 day business trip to San Francisco, and Emma and I are finding ways to keep ourselves busy. Mike and I pushed really hard to get the sprinklers in before he left. We got all the wiring and pipe laid on Saturday and early Monday morning we tested all our hard work. To our great relief the sprinklers actually worked. Unfortunately as we were flushing out the individual risers one of our main pipes came apart. Were not sure if it didn't get glued or what, but we had a BIG watery mess after that. So, we aren't quite done with the sprinklers yet, and I can't wait until that day so we can lay grass seed and actually move our plants to the flower beds. Oh well. Before Mike left I had such good intentions of getting the house back in order for when he gets home, but after last week's craziness I think I may take a break today. We'll see. So, Emma is officially 11 months old. This past year has really flown by. She took her first step on Saturday and has taken a few others while in the presence of her father, but not her mother. I have yet to see it, but she is getting better at standing on her own so it's just a matter of time before I am going to be chasing her around. She has such a fun personality and we are sure enjoying her. We sure can't wait until Daddy gets back though. It's not as fun without him.
(I can never get her to hold still long enough to get a picture unless she has something to hold on to. Unforntunately, this time she happened to grab a pen.)



4 comments:

tkfonzie said...

I am sorry about the blown pipe, that has to be very frustrating. You look like you are going to be having your hands full, that girl looks like she is full of beans:).

Unknown said...

I cannot believe she is almost one!

Heidi Green said...

I really should check your blog before we visit on the phone. Everything we talked about was here... although I'd rather hear about it in person. :)

I can't believe how big Emma looks in those photos. She's growing so fast!

Jackie said...

She looks so big in these pictures. And starting to take steps too? Crazy!

Mom said that your trees have blossoms. Pictures please. :)