Sharp Family

Sharp Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ups and Downs

We have had a pretty eventful week. This past weekend we drove down to Las Vegas where we met up with all of Mike's sisters. He was very outnumbered, but seeing how he's used to that by now, he loved every minute of it. It was great to get together and spend at least a little time with family that we haven't seen in a few months. Mark made some wonderful food, we were able to see Sara's dance competition, tried Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate, and just enjoyed being together. It is also a lot of fun getting Emma together with her cousin Annadele. They had fun playing together. Another plus for this week is that we have Melodee staying with us for a couple of weeks. She just got home from her mission and we love being able to spend some time with her.





The down side to all of these festivities is that Emma got pretty sick Sunday night. She was vomiting most of the night and was sooo lethargic. We were so worried about her and as first time parents had no idea what to do. She has been feeling better off and on for 4 days and last night she slept the whole night through. She is feeling so much better today and it is wonderful to have her smiling again. On top of Emma getting sick, inevitably Mike and Melodee got sick as well. It hasn't been that fun of a vacation so far for Mel, but hopefully things will pick up. I still haven't caught the sick bug, YET, and I am really praying that I don't because let's face it, being sick is really crummy. So, things are looking UP again as everyone is recovering and we have a fun weekend ahead of us.

OH, these pictures make me want to cry!


This is what I like to see!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Those are the saddest pictures ever! She looks miserable. I'm glad that she's starting to feel better. I hope you don't get it...good luck.

tkfonzie said...

You could sure tell that she didn't feel well:(. I didn't know that you were going to Vegas again, I am sure that it is nice to be relatively close to some family and I am glad that Mike's sister is able to stay for a bit.
You need to give us a photo update on your yard:).

Marnie said...

I am so sorry that you all got sick! However, it was wonderful to see you all in Vegas - it was just too short! Hope you have a great week.

Mandos said...

Sorry to hear about Emma being so sick! Glad to know that she is feeling better. Sounds like we left just in time!
But it was so fun being all together!! Miss you guys already!

Heidi Green said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the sickness. I hope you are all feeling better now (and I hope you never caught it!) It looks like you all had an enjoyable time together when you weren't battling the flu bug. That's nice you live close enough to drive over there every once in a while.

Marlo said...

glad everyone is feeling better and yes I sure hope you don't get sick either... (mom's don't get time off when their sick) Jace was sick last week too, and it was sad seeing him so miserable (1st time he's been sick)
Fun that Mikes sister is visiting... hope you guys get to have a fun weekend.

Mom in Orem said...

I just caught up on all your posts. You've been busy! I love your patio and your flowering ? tree in the front yard. I can't believe you dug all those trenches yourself. You are crazy girl! I am soooo sorry that everyone got sick, but am praying for you that you stay well. It is a good sign that everyone is getting better. Have fun with Melodee. I am glad she could spend some time with you. Got a picture of Molly? Can't wait to see her on the blog. Love ya!

Monica said...

Oh that stinks that Emma got sick your last night in Vegas. That's hard to be away when baby gets sick. I don't think any of us Utahns got it. I just had so much fun being with family.